Keyword Density and SEO
I don’t know about you guys, but whenever I hear the phrase “keyword density“, I think of old school SEO. Many people are wondering if keyword density is perfect for seo even now, the answer is yes and no……
Don’t be scared when you hear someone talk about keyword density and SEO, it just means the number of targeted keywords you have compared to the total number of words in the content body of a particular page.
For example, let’s say my targeted keyword was “widgets” and I write a 100 word article about it. If the word “widgets” appears in that article 3 times, then the keyword density would be 3% (3 divided by 100). Easy right?
Does Keyword Density Matter Even now?
Greatly, because search engines like Google would factor in the keyword density of an article to decide which keywords would rank high in natural search. Back then an optimal keyword density for Google would be between 3-4% and for Yahoo it would be somewhat higher (5-7%).
Before you go write a hundred articles at 3% keyword density to rank high in Google, here’s my advice……DON’T!
If you’re quite new to search engine optimization, it’s safe to say that some strategies will be less efficient after a while. What worked 2 years ago will have little to no effect to your SEO strategy.
But………yes there’s a but……
Just because it’s not as efficient as before doesn’t mean that keywords aren’t valuable when blog writing. I know…I know…
But if you’re a blogger like everyone else, I recommend you to do the following:
· Add your keyword in your title tag, this puts a lot of weight and relevance to your targeted keywords.
· Use your keyword or keyword phrase inside the first sentence of your content body.
· Bolding, underlining, or italicizing your keyword once in your content will assist add more weight and relevance.
· Add an anchor text with your keyword and point it back to either your homepage of post page.
· Add keyword in header tag if you have one.
If you guys haven’t noticed it yet, I’ve applied all 5 techniques above to this blog for the keyword phrase “keyword density”.
What’s Your Take?
Do you apply keywords to your blog post? What are your views about keyword density and it’s usefulness in SEO today? Would love to hear your thoughts below!
Read more at Search engine optimization company Mumbai, India
What is Keyword Density?
One of the easiest ways to make better your site’s position in the search engine results is to work on the keyword density on your page, which was what I did.
For my intention here, I will refer to a “keyword” as a word that the user searches for when using the search engine. Usually speaking, keyword density is the ratio of the word that is being searched for (the keyword) in opposition to the total number of words appearing on your web page. If your keyword occurs only (say) once in a page of one thousand words, it has a lower keyword density than a keyword that occurs (say) four times in a page of same length.
If a specific keyword has a higher density on your web page, then the probability of your page obtaining a better search engine ranking increases. Notice that not all search engines worry with keyword density and indeed even those that do have their own algorithm for computing the density of a keyword. Nevertheless, the principles described in this article is common enough to facilitate your page make better its ranking in the engines that take keyword density into account.
How to Improve Your Search Engine Ranking
How do you improve your keyword density?
1. When planning a page, consider which search terms a user is expected to use when searching for the information your site provides. For example, a visitor who is looking for information on “Search Engine Ranking” may search for things like “search engine positioning”, “search engine ranking”, “search engine placement”, “keyword density”, “top ranking”, and the like.
2. After you have collected your list of keywords, do NOT simply deposit those keywords into a senseless list on your web page. I’ve seen some websites do this in an effort to influence search engine listings. This may not work with all search engines. Some of the engines try to be smart when processing keywords and if it sees keywords occurring together in a senseless sequence, it may penalise your website.
3. In its place, try to form sentences that use those keywords. If you are a good writer, you may have to kill some of those good habits you formerly used in writing documents: for example, many good writers have a dislike to repeating a specific word too often, choosing instead to use alternative terms that mean the same thing. This makes for a more pleasant reading, but it will not help you get your site listed with a top rank in search engine results for that specific keyword.
For example, if you want your page to have a high ranking when someone searches for the phrase “search engine ranking”, keep repeating the phrase “search engine ranking” in your document in place of substituting with pronouns like “it” and the like. Do likewise for the other keywords that you want a high density on the page. You’ll of course have to use your carefulness with this, or your page will be horrible to read.
You can see an example of how this is done by investigating this article itself, and see how often I have repeated keywords and phrases like “keyword”, “keyword density”, “search engine ranking” and “search engine positioning”.
4. In olden days, some people tried the trick of having a very small page for a particular keyword. For example, the page may only have the following one sentence: “Keyword density is valuable in search engine ranking.” As there were so few words on the page, the page was in fact easy to draft and the keywords “keyword density” and “search engine ranking” have a very high density on that page.
This technique is not very helpful these days. For example, at the time I wrote this, it no longer appears to work with Alta Vista, which seems to rank pages that are bigger than 4K more favourably.
When I increased the keyword density of some keywords on one of my pages on the freecountry.com, my page ranking took a big jump upwards. Improving the density of keywords on your pages may also do the same for your site’s search engine location. Read more at Search engine optimization company Mumbai, India
Companies have been maintaining healthy budgets for their search engine optimisation services (SEO), regardless of the latest Bellweather report showing overall marketing budgets were slashed in the last quarter of 2010.
Even though the budgets assigned to complete advertising for companies were slashed, budgets for SEO remained either unaffected or only faintly affected. One SEO expert told Advertiser Talk: “Though Bellweather have shown that companies are even now feeling the effects of the recession and amending their budgets as an consequence, it’s pleasing to see that, in most cases, search marketing budgets have remained untouched and at times, increased.”
“We think it’s essential for companies to keep a substantial budget handy for SEO and online marketing, and to invest in a variety of areas when undertaking a campaign.”
It is thought the benefits of undertaking an SEO project, such as increased rankings and improved brand promotion, have caught the eye of many companies and as such, provoked them to defend SEO budgets during times of economic sprain.
“I am sure that marketing skills will be in high demand throughout 2011.”
Creative Web Promotion – SEO company Mumbai, India provide offshore SEO Services to clients globally. In case you are searching for website marketing, internet marketing, search engine optimization or marketing services then do contact us for a free website review.
SEO India, Creative Web Promotion, provides offshore SEO Services to clients worldwide. If you are searching for website marketing, internet marketing, search engine optimization or marketing services then do contact us for a free website review.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the most sensible way to produce online traffic and therefore their success rate is higher than other online marketing
Mediums. Approximately 85 % of the online customers look for services/products through different search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, AOL, etc. Natural and organic SEO rankings make better the overall Return on Investment (ROI) of a website.
An offshore SEO company based in India can assist your website to create more clicks and traffic and most of the companies at some point of time feel the necessity to share its work with an outsourcing company specializing in search engine optimization and marketing.
Some advantages of outsourcing SEO to Indian SEO companies:
1. SEO outsourcing services offered by India are reasonably priced and Indian IT professionals have expertise in both Website Promotion plus Website Development/Software Development. There are different situations where SEO has to work in tandem with the development team to guide most excellent ways to optimize a specific website.
2. India is going to be next hub for extremely skilled English speaking professionals.
3. Employing in-house SEO staff is expensive as contract based or temporary employees do not live up to expectations. Outsourcing SEO companies are reasonable as recruiting an SEO professional can cost anywhere between $45,000 and $75,000/Year.
4. Outsourcing SEO Firm takes care of the company’s everyday SEO marketing activities.
5. Outsourcing SEO to India improve the efficiency and productivity of the business, you can discuss your necessities, and get most excellent SEO solutions.