The Employee Portal Solution Market demonstrates substantial growth projected from 2023 to 2030, accompanied by an in-depth SWOT analysis.
The employee portal solution market has been witnessing significant growth due to the increasing need for digital workplace solutions, especially with the shift towards remote and hybrid work models.
By 2024, 74% of CFOs expect to permanently transition previously on-premise employees to remote work.
16% of Gen Z and Millennial employees have quit their jobs because they felt the technology provided by their employer was inadequate.
Employee engagement has a direct impact on employee satisfaction and productivity. Whether or not an employee is engaged, depends on the employee himself, but organizations have a big influence on the engagement of employees – by for example creating a good employee intranet experience.
Companies like Microsoft, Creative Social Intranet, Workvivo, Simpplr, and Salesforce Work have been prominent players in this space.
Here’s a SWOT analysis breakdown:
- Microsoft: Known for its diverse suite of products and services, including SharePoint and Microsoft Teams, providing a robust ecosystem for collaboration and communication.
- Workvivo, Simpplr, Creative Social Intranet: These companies likely offer specialized, user-friendly, and customizable employee engagement platforms catering to diverse organizational needs.
- Competition: The market might face saturation or intense competition, leading to challenges in differentiation among the offerings of various providers.
- Integration Challenges: Some solutions might face difficulties integrating with existing systems or workflows, impacting seamless adoption.
- Remote Work Expansion: The continued expansion of remote work creates opportunities for employee portal solutions that enable remote collaboration, communication, and engagement.
- Customization and Innovation: Room for innovation and customization to meet evolving demands, such as AI-driven personalization or enhanced analytics for employee engagement.
- Cybersecurity Concerns: With more data being shared and accessed through employee portals, the threat of cyberattacks and data breaches remains a significant concern.
- Changing Market Dynamics: Rapid technological advancements or shifts in workplace norms could challenge existing solutions’ relevance.
The forecasted exponential growth might stem from increased adoption as companies prioritize enhancing employee experiences, fostering collaboration, and ensuring effective communication, especially in the context of remote work and digital transformation.
Employee intranet portal competitor analysis:
The significant players operating in the global Employee Portal Solution Market are
- Creative Social Intranet
- Salesforce Work
- SAP Work Zone
By Product Type, the intranet market is primarily segmented into:
Onboarding and Training Platforms
Companies with effective onboarding procedures increase productivity by over 70% and new recruit retention by 82%.
Time and Attendance Systems
As per Deloitte, 84% of respondents had a time and attendance system as part of their workforce management strategy.
40% of large employers have an outsourcing leave-management system in place, whereas 27% of small employers outsource to vendors
Performance Management / Rewards and recognition platforms
80% Of Gen Y Said They Prefer On-The-Spot Recognition Over Formal Reviews
71% of employees who believe that their boss can identify their abilities are more engaged and enthusiastic at work. (Gallup)
Almost all (97%) of Gen Z are open to receiving feedback, and 67% want it in a timely constructive manner throughout the year.
Employees who feel their voice is heard are 4.6 times more likely to feel empowered to perform their best work.
Enterprise Social networking
Global Enterprise Social Networks Market size was valued at US$ 12.06 Bn. in 2022 and the total Enterprise Social Networks Market revenue is expected to grow at 14 % from 2023 to 2029, reaching nearly US$ 30.19 Bn.
A survey by Deloitte found that there was a 20% increase in employee satisfaction and a corresponding 87% increase in employee retention in organizations that implemented social intranets.
Employee engagement software
The global Employee Engagement Software market size was valued at USD 477.84 million in 2021 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 17.58% during the forecast period, reaching USD 1262.54 million by 2027
85% of employees said they’re most motivated when management offers regular updates on company news.
By Applications, the market is segmented into:
By Device usage, the intranet platform is segmented into:
94% of mobile workers have a smartphone
41% of mobile workers have a tablet
34% intend to purchase a tablet in the next six months
Employee Portal Solution Market by means of a region
- North America (the United States, Canada, and Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Russia, Turkey, etc.)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Korea, India, Australia, and Southeast Asia (Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, and Vietnam))
- South America (Brazil etc.)
- The Middle East and Africa (North Africa and GCC Countries)
Employee Intranet portal failure causes and stats in companies
- Only 13% of employees reported participating in their intranet portal daily — 31% said they never do.
- 57% of employees see no purpose in their company intranet portal
- 29% of employee intranet portals fail due to unclear governance, making it the reason number one intranets don’t succeed within organizations.
- 22% of survey participants cite a lack of executive support as the primary barrier to intranet implementation.
- In the majority of cases (72%), employees assess their intranet tools as mediocre or inadequate. The common issues include complex navigation, absence of social features fostering connections, and primarily serving for one-way communication about benefits and time off.
How utilizing social networking tools in employee intranet portals can help increase engagement and productivity?
Utilizing social technologies within companies can elevate the productivity of knowledge workers by 20% to 25%.
Social intranets not only facilitate more meaningful connections among employees but also provide an easily accessible and searchable repository of information. Streamlining internal communication reduces the time spent hunting for information, minimizing frustration and enabling more focused work. When implemented effectively, intranets have the potential to boost worker productivity.
According to a study on intranets, companies that embraced a dedicated internal communication platform experienced a 30% surge in employee engagement.
Empowering employees through intranet tools fosters a stronger connection with their roles and the company overall. A specialized platform for company communication ensures a unified, searchable knowledge base. With mobile-friendly design and collaboration features, workers gain essential flexibility in a rapidly evolving remote work landscape.
Excited about what the future holds for employee engagement with next-gen intranet portals?
Schedule a demo or contact us today to learn more