Every website that can be viewed on the greater world wide web or the internet needs to be Defined, Designed, Developed, Delivered, and Hosted on the Internet.
Naturally it makes sense to get the best possible solution for your business.
Will a compromise of any kind need to be made? Where can a compromise be made? What kind of website needs to be hosted? What sort of solution do we need?
A solution that is Effective, Efficient, and Economical as well as Robust and Reliable.
Further, a choice needs to be made between Linux hosting and Windows hosting. Linux hosting and Windows hosting both have their advantages.
Advantages of Linux Shared Web Hosting
- 1. Linux is an open source software product and thus it does not need the high licensing fees that other operating systems do; Thus Linux shared hosting is more cheaper than windows.
- 2. A Linux website can easily be converted to a Windows website without much hassle. Also, the website can easily be changed as the requirement of the user grows.
- 3. Linux web hosting is very economical as Linux is a free operating system. Usually, only the cost of distribution is borne by the host or owner.
- 4. When the scripting language like PHP, My-SQL, or Perl etc. are required for your website then Linux server hosting is the most reliable and cost effective solution for you. Unless heavy load of scripting language, this will not be traceable.
- 5. There are many kinds of databases that run on Linux hosting, but the most widespread most likely among web host providers are m-SQL, My-SQL and Postgre-SQL. These databases are relational by nature, and permit vastly optimized communication with your website for rapid reclamation of data.
- 6. By lots of circles Linux web hosting is supposed to be much securing than windows hosting, and for that reason only Linux server hosting is also the more popular choice for web designers and programmers.
Advantages of Windows Web Hosting
- 1. Dot NET technologies like ASP dot net VB dot net are available on this platform. If you have a website built with Microsoft Dot NET technologies then you will have to choose a Windows server hosting plan.
- 2. If you need an enterprise class database there are some different features that run on a Linux platform but if you need Microsoft's MS-SQL database, a Windows hosting plan will be your best choice.
- 3. Access databases are only obtainable with a windows hosting plan. Access can only run on a Microsoft windows platform and thus it is unavailable on a Linux hosting. If your site needs particularly this feature then you will have to accept windows hosting.
- 4. If you are using some of the "Microsoft's Share-point" services a Windows Hosting plan is only reliable choice for you.
- 5. Windows plans typically much costly because of the license costs compulsory by Microsoft.