In rapidly changing internet technology, it is not easy to make a profit through your business website. There are small technicalities that could notably affect how your business flourishes on the web. You can’t just put up an ecommerce portal and expect customers to come rolling in.
Following are some guidelines which will help to improve your ecommerce websites:
- Display the benefits of your products:There are buyers which are unaware about the things they exactly want. New arrivals and special deals are also good to work with regular visitors to buy. Your goal as an online dealer is to hit in that market and show them what they are missing out on.
- Make Your Website Visitors Trust You: Make sure that you have provided the appropriate link to the pages from your home page. Such perception will save much of your support team’s time, and reduce the number of customer’s pre-sale help requests. People lookout only those products on which they spend on; so it’s obvious they want to know everything about the product they are going to buy, the buying process, payment options, the delivery system, warranties etc, that will help them to take a secure decision and commit to a purchase.
- Deals and free shipping:Most of the people prefer to shop during sales and discounted periods at low cost. Free shipping is also the main attractive factor for the visitors. You are now selling your products across the globe, not just to the limited market, so you should take the shipping costs into account.
- Branded and most popular products :You can display the branded and popular products to upfront for the sale. It is the most eye-catching way with the first-time visitors who are not much sure what they want to buy. You can provide the opportunity to the visitors to ‘shop by brands’. It will be easier for targeted for customer to find out an exclusive deal.
- Payment systems icons: E-commerce websites deal with many customers across the globe and each has their own chosen payment system. It would be better to make clear about the payment options in advance. E-stores mostly use credit and debit cards, gift vouchers, cash on delivery, PayPal, etc. as their main payment system. You should place these icons so customer can easily find payment options and move to the checkout page which displays all the payment details.
- Social media links:Nowadays, Social media channels like Facebook,Google plus and twitter are the one of the fastest source to get the information about anything. Social media links bring the finest opportunities for web-promotion of your business website. You can keep customers well informed with the latest news or special deals which are concerned with Facebook and Twitter followers only. It will surely help you to find the most active influential customers.
- Phone numbers and online chats:E-commerce website provides the facility to shop round the clock to customers. So there is a need for the store support team to solve customers pre-sale and after- sale. Live chats are highly treasured of value-added customer service.