What is the features of Micro-Learning?
Micro-learning breaks down informative and instructional content into brief modules, basically, a lesson the learner undertakes in minutes instead of hours. It is also called as "just in time learning", as it is always accessible, that is activated by the learner whenever they want to. Micro-learning caters to this reality and helps in planning out content to be delivered in the most effective manner. It manages to provide the correct amount of information to a learner to achieve their learning goals.
Like E-Learning and other learning modules, microlearning also possesses some features as mentioned below.
- Briefness: It maintains the conciseness of the content while adequately covering every single learning objective.
- Focusedness: It focus only on narrow concepts with every piece of information which needs to be known. The modules should be specific and to the point.
- Standalone Nature: A micro-learning is independent and self-sufficient in nature. It does not need any access to other training modules.
- Variety: Micro-learning comes in various types such as short videos, mini quizzes, interactive PDFs, infographics etc. This varies learning experiences and increases learner interest.
- Interactivity: Micro-learning also encourages interactivity sessions to get learners involved and engaged. It can be done with the help of simulations, clickable walkthroughs, drag-n-drop interactions, etc.
- Flexibility: It is designed to work on multiple devices, from smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops. It is quickly accessible at any time when learners get a little spare time on their hands.