Benefits of help desk trouble ticketing system? Why every IT department and HR department needs it?
A Help Desk Trouble Ticketing System does exactly what its name suggest that means it is there to help you when problems arise. Every day we rely on help desk software to solve user issues. When businesses start they depend on emails for support. As the business grows, moving beyond email as the primary source of channel becomes critical. Your support needs to scale with your business. A help desk trouble ticketing system is the first point of contact for customers and employees alike. They need answers and the helpdesk is where they turn to. Creative an Indian company located in Mumbai provides turnkey intranet solutions of help desk trouble ticketing system. This allows you to track submitted tickets, monitor ticket status and estimated completion timeline with Creative helpdesk ticketing system.
Creative help desk trouble ticketing systems offer some benefits that include:
- Provide a single point of contact: A customer and employees will always know where to go when he needs help via user portal.
- Delivers great customer service: Providing your customer with the exact information, resolving their ticket system efficiently, communicating with them about business impacting issues and changes and generally just being easily accessible whenever they need you.
- Provide accurate reports that show improvement: Reporting is an essential task for any IT help desk as they are very useful for tracking data and performance over time too. An IT help desk software should consistently present the figures well, analyze and visualize the data and alerting teams whenever needed using the reporting data.
- Share or collects knowledge: An IT service support software or IT help desk should collate knowledge to provide relevant information to the end users and technical teams. By sharing knowledge the help desk will have the ability to prevent calls coming in, thus reducing ticket volumes and workloads.
Why every IT department and HR department needs it?
It seems like HR mostly gives answers to the repetitive questions and get interrupted by requests to complete administrative tasks. By adopting help desk trouble ticketing system it will be very helpful because they easily highlights the problems. Noticing the issue and making a quick change improves experience of both customers and employees. HR will be able to build its own knowledge base answers and questions and even link it with the existing resources. HR department can use reports to find areas for improvement and determine when they need more help.
For an IT department, a trouble ticketing system allows you to automate ticket assignment, routing, and escalation to the right agent at the right time. It saves time and manual effort for the help desk team, and improve help desk agent productivity. A ticketing system or help desk software gives opportunity to :
- Link associated issues in Parent-Child relationships
- Automate ticket assignment, routing and escalation to the right agent, at the right time
- Associate tickets and assets to track asset service history and trends
- Create reports for ticket status and technician performance