What is Enterprise Messaging Software?
Enterprise Messaging Software (EMS) is a messaging system which allows software applications and systems to communicate significantly. It is helpful for sending precise messages to and fro throughout the enterprise. The ability to transport messages makes the EMS a common tool to integrate disparate data among enterprise applications. Enterprise Messaging Software enables employees to collaborate anytime, anywhere on any device while maintaining security and meeting compliance.
Features of EMS
- a) Group Chats: To provide businesses with the group chat that can accommodate any number of employees from any location for real-time team communication.
- b) File sharing: To provide businesses with quick sharing and access of files like spreadsheets, documents, images, video files, audio recordings, etc. on the go.
- c) Chat Presence: To provide businesses with the prompt display of real-time presence status like Online, Offline, Busy, Available, Unavailable or custom status.
- d) Access from mobile, desktop: To provide fast access from mobile and desktop for the workers in the businesses to generate better team communication and productivity.
Benefits of Enterprise Messaging Software
Enterprises are getting bigger by the day and the market sphere is transforming to a more complex landscape. This type of situation demands instant and versatile communication solutions for business to thrive on. Enterprise messaging system ensures better connectivity, customer service, troubleshooting, productivity and so on. The benefits of Enterprise Messaging System are as follows:
- a) Enhanced problem-solving abilityGone are the days when we relied on email exchange and waited for a reply, business managers need to take prompt action as soon as possible. It’s very useful when the business team can be contacted promptly, in case of an emergency or on a regular basis, for taking necessary actions without wasting any time. Nowadays, everyone carries a mobile in their pocket, with the help of an enterprising messenger app, they can easily share any information or document and share their opinion and feedback immediately.
- b) Adaptability and mobility Any type of business can adopt enterprise instant messaging. For some business, this system is in mobile which results in flexibility and mobility for the workers. In case, if a worker is not at the workplace for any reason, he can chat and send data through the messenger to be in the communication loop all the time.
- c) Spread of AI and VR Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality has been developing continuously so it is to be considered as a communication tool. Interaction with AI has become more useful than before for any business with the help of recent development of deep learning and facial recognition. In fact, VR is now being used for better user experience and immersive communication. Enterprise messaging can tailor itself according to the needs of the business.
- d) Digitalization Digitalization is now one of the major shifts in the business world. It is basically the process of moving to a digital business, that means reshaping the business model with digital tools and trends. Enterprise messaging enables this digitalization process for an organization. It provides the company with the ability to connect & update employees in real-time which quickly solve problems, take prompt decisions. Enterprise messaging app can receive real-time notifications and documents from third parties, for employees and teams which helps to accelerate the workflow process.
- e) Cyber Security The digitalization of the business raises many security questions and data protection concerns. The manager of the team can control the ability to see the message content for anyone or provide permission on what can be shared. Enterprise messaging can protect confidential business information and data and ensure cyber security. It also ensures organization agility, better teamwork, immersive communication, and better customer experience.
How EMS will save organisations time and increase productivity?
Enterprise Messaging Software allows organizations to stay in sync so that they can weigh in on important projects, update the team after customer meetings, and feel connected to their peers while travelling or working remotely. As a result, the majority of businesses will deploy in new enterprise messaging system in the next couple of years. Enterprise messaging is a fast-growing field and will become a big market. Real-Time and group messaging capabilities leads to faster responses and decision-making. As a result, the internal collaboration of an organization is improved, processes are accelerated, and the productivity is increased. Employees can easily collaborate on various projects, they can instantly connect with key stakeholders, and share relevant documents.