You may have come across many internet marketers offering SEO (search engine optimization) services in India. I have encountered some of the worse offshore SEO professionals in my life. We usually receive 100ds of spam emails every month offering their SEO services to us. They don’t even see what we are offering. We have clearly mentioned, we do not outsource but still they don’t care reading it or maybe they are trying their luck if those marketing words work on us.
1) Ignore those who don’t review your site: People simply come to your site; they fill up the form and go away spamming other businesses with their proposals. They often hire 8 – 10 professionals offshore and bombard you and your competitors with their offers. They are not SEO but hard core internet marketers doing cold calling or cold emailing. They don’t review your site and they claim they have reviewed it.
2) Ignore those who don’t report your site pros and cons: If that SEO who claims has reviewed your site, should be able to see the positives and negatives about your site. Simply ignore those who are simply saying they have visited but report you nothing in return. In fact those who have done research would submit their researched report. You should know what is good on your website and what is that requires to get improved. Logically your hired SEO would give you all the changes that need to be implemented and he shall also include its positive effects as well.
3) Ignore those who don’t give you a fixed quote: Ask for a price. If they say, we need to see and quote you later. Don’t agree to pay anything for reviewing and quoting. Go for a detailed proposal. Unless they don’t report you in detail, don’t hire them. Check on what they are offering and what they are charging. A fixed quote with proper SEO proposal is required before you agree to anything.
4) Ignore those who don’t give you estimated achievements: KPI (Key Performance Indicators) has to be decided in advance. That’s what you pay for. If the results are not achieved, your investment goes wasted. You get nothing in return. There is no point hiring that SEO who can’t even promise you estimated results.
5) Ignore those who are at distant: I don’t mean necessarily you should ignore. But when you have options available locally, why hire an offshore SEO for this job. Increase more employment. Be a country man. Honestly, dealing with local is more enjoyable than dealing with an unknown offshore SEO guy. Try hiring local SEO for your SEO services. Mostly, you will find some who works at your rate and fit within your budget. Language barrier will of course be there all the time as mostly they are poor in communicating in English.
6) Ignore those who don’t show you their previous success: Ask for previous examples where they have been successful. You need to hire a professional and experienced SEO for your site. If he has performed well, he doesn’t need to approach you. He would get more referring clients on own.
7) Ignore those who didn’t perform on their own website: Check what they have got for their own website. Did they really do well for their own site? If not, you can also ignore them. You cannot trust anyone who is unable to perform on own website. Ask the list of keywords they have targeted for their own website. Verify them. In this case, I would even insist to hire an offshore SEO company if they did well doing SEO for their own website.