|Every company in the market wants to make a mark for oneself by being a winner. In such a scenario, there is a huge competition among the companies to capture the attention of maximum visitors visiting their website. To accomplish this, they need a perfectly designed website for promoting their products. This may either be for the Internet or mobile medium. To have such a well-planned website, the designer of the website needs to be proficient in Web design. Web design deals with the many skills and disciplines required for building a website. There are various facets of design, such as user experience design, interface design, and SEO (search engine optimization).|
While designing a website, all these aspects have to be kept in mind besides the numerous trends. The trends in Web design keep on changing all the time. However, these changes are usually minor. Major changes occur every year and it is important for designers to know about them to keep a website current and in vogue. In fact, trends help a designer to understand what is popular and what will work for a website. It also helps keep a website up-to-date.
What the trend was years ago might be totally different from today. Trends of even last year might be totally different this year. A few of the trends for this year are:
• A website should be simple. It should not be chaotic and cluttered with useless design and content. Unnecessary textures, effects, frills and styles need to be avoided, so that a user is able to understand the information being conveyed without difficulty.
• Currently, single page has become quite popular as a design methodology for smaller websites with less content, as it makes content navigation easy.
• Another emerging trend is flat user interface. This encompasses constructing a website that has a basic design with less disturbing elements.
• Fixed header bar is another popular trend in Web design this year. This trend will help enhance navigation.
• Different types of fonts should be used in a website to add uniqueness to the design.Color should also be used appropriately while designing a website.
• Parallax scrolling is the trend in Web design this year. Web designers need to add proper scrolling effects to their website.
• A website should be able to convey what you want to say in a pleasing manner. This can be done with the help of a good user interface.
• A website should have a responsive design. It should be able to effectively convey the message for all types of devices and platforms, even if it means transforming the website for different mediums.
• Animations should be used in the Web design to make a website stand out. They can make a website a winner.
For companies to be successful they need to keep on reviewing their existing websites once in a while. This will help them in ensuring that their website is effective in drawing the right user. If the present-day trends are kept in mind while creating a website, then it will be successful in reaching the targeted audience, regardless of where they reside and the device and the browser they use.