Creative corporate communications solutions are designed to give you the competitive advantages like:
- Communication between executive and exployess any where and any time
- Keep everyone on the same page regardless of location
- Ease of use
- Centralized document storage, updating and access
- Turn isolated mobile workerd into active business particpants with mobile applications
- Improved and Advanced Search
- Design a social business network tailored to your organization’s business for employees to share knowledge and find others help.
Intranets can make communication simple, safe, and secure. The process of communication can become very streamlined after deployment of intranet solutions. Intranets facilitate cost effective secure communiccation. Intranets can also expedite routine business processes and procedures. Companies cut costs in the long run by being able to take moe informed decisions quicker and then being able to implement those decisions efficiently. Cross team collaborations become convinient. Intranets can also offer the ability to share different types of content. Intranets can function effectively for a couple of years without major upgrades(unless of course disruptive technologies have changed the technology landscape completely).Intranets can be used to : share mission critical resources, share news and ideas, formulate schedules, track submissions and manage versions, review progress, market internal, and collaborate between teams
Departments that need intranets:
- Administrative - calendars, emergency procedures, meeting room bookings, procedure manuals and membership of internal committees and groups.
- Corporate - business plans, client/customer lists, document templates, branding guidelines, mission statements, press coverage and staff newsletters.
- Financial - annual reports and organisational performance.
- IT - virus alerts, tips on dealing with problems with hardware, software and networks, policies on corporate use of email and internet access and a list of online training courses and support.
- Marketing - competitive intelligence with links to competitor websites, corporate brochures, latest marketing initiatives, press releases, and presentations.
- Human resources - appraisal procedures and schedules, employee policies, expenses forms and annual leave requests, staff discount schemes, and new vacancies.
- Individual projects - current project details, team contact information, project management information, project documents, time and expense reporting.
The extranet is an extension of the intranet to the firm's, including partners, suppliers and so on. The term is sometimes used to refer to a supplementary system working alongside the intranet or to a part of the intranet that is made available to certain external users. The extranet provides a shared network with limited, controlled access to organizational information and knowledge resources,and uses security protocols,such as authentication, to limit access. An extranet can enhance collaboration and information transfer with partners in the external network.
Security is a key concern, and a firm must protect its crucial knowledge and information resources. This can be done using firewalls, use of encryption, and simple or strong authentication. Simple authentication involves usernames and passwords, while strong authentication makes use of digital certificates.
The content of both intranets and extranets is usually managed with a content management system.
Share on your Social Media: